- Your computer may restart instead of resuming from hibernation.
- You may experience hard disk corruption when your computer enters either standby or hibernation.
- You may experience hard disk corruption when Windows XP writes a memory dump file as a result of an unrecoverable Windows error (or Stop error) (source)
How to Protect your Hard disk from Corruption:
- First install the latest Service Pack (SP2) for Windows XP.
- Browse your IE or Firefox to Support.Microsoft.com/search
- Search for the file KB331958 and you should have the following result as shown in the image
- Download the Q331958_WXP_SP2_x86_ENU.exe package now.
- Install the Microsoft Patch and restart your computer.
Like my post: Subscribe to NuvveNuvve